This year has truly been one of the most magical and memorable years of my life so far and I couldn’t be more grateful for the friends I’ve met, the opportunities I’ve had and the memories I’ve made. I think as you get older and more determined you realise happiness comes from time spent with your family laughing round the dinner table, from spending time with friends drunk and telling each other how much you love them and from knowing that all the hard work you’ve put in has finally started paying off. I found a quote a little while ago, which made me realise just what life is all about and why I need to stop thinking about the past, or looking too far into the future but instead looking at the present and appreciating where I am and who’s around me.
“Life becomes more meaningful when you realise you’ll never get the same moment twice”
So I’m going into 2018 with the biggest smile on my face, knowing that each moment of 2017 has shaped me into the person I am today…someone I’ve always wanted to be and determined to keep pushing myself and making more amazing memories…
My highlights of 2017 and Lessons I’ve Learnt:
- Going to LFW In February and shooting street style; something I’d always dreamt about doing. Which also meant meeting and shooting some of my favourite bloggers!
- Shooting with the amazing and beautiful Katherine Mcmorran (twice)!
- Working with Koko Kouture again; my favourite bag brand.
- Going to my first ever blogging event and meeting some of the most beautiful and inspirational girls I’ve ever met (as well as Sophie) who I speak to every day and love to pieces.
- Turning 20 and realising I don’t have to have everything planned out already!
- Collaborating with Daniel Wellington, Accessorize, Zatchels, Joes Jeans, It’s Got Soul, Missy Empire and more.
- Being more ‘out there’ with my style and being so happy I finally found the confidence to wear the clothes I’ve always dreamt of wearing.
- Realising my own worth and cutting people off who no longer played a part in my personal growth.
- Taking trips to London with my best friends and laughing non stop at just about anything and everything.
- Spending Christmas in Scotland with my family.
- Going to the Maison De Choup event with Em Mcguire and meeting some amazing people.
- Reconnecting with old friends and making new memories.
- Watching my sister come first in her crew at the UDO Word Street Dance Championships and second in her solos.
- Getting to hold a baby lamb for the first time (yes I am 20 years old but you have no idea how much I love lambs.)
- Overall just learning my own self worth and not to let people treat me badly.